About _________________________________________________________ Our Team
Greg Abell is the Principal at Sound Options Group, LLC. His primary focus is in assisting agencies, organizations, and communities in designing and implementing systems for more effectively engaging conflict and facilitating productive and collaborative work environments.
- Administrative Agent to the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction for Washington State and DCYF to provide Mediation in Special Education under the IDEA
- Senior Consultant to CADRE
- Partner with TAESE in the Center for Special Education Leadership and Conflict Engagement
- Core Founder of the Dispute Resolution Center of Kitsap County, a community-based ADR resource.
- Consults nationally in the design and delivery of Conflict Engagement resources.
- Previously worked in public education as a School Psychologist, Coordinator of Student Support Services and Assistant Director of Special Education.
Rebecca Larsen is the Office Administrator for Sound Options Group, LLC managing our contracts, supporting our subcontractors, and providing Case Management. She is a trained mediator and has a background in social services in the non-profit sector.
Mindy Hyde is the Case Manager for Sound Options Group, working with parties to schedule Mediation and the Facilitation of IEP Meetings. Mindy has worked for 15+ years in various roles within education, has an MS in Dispute Resolution, and is a trained Mediator.
Carlo Rossi has been involved in Special Education advocacy and mediation for over forty years. He has spent the last twenty years as the Independent Child Advocate (Ombudsperson) for the Sonoma County Special Education Local Plan Area (SELPA). An adjunct faculty member in the Department of Special Education at San Francisco State University for twenty-five years, he has previously worked for the California Department of Education, United Cerebral Palsy Association, and Community Alliance for Special Education. He has been a frequent presenter for the State of California Statewide Dispute Resolution Conference, CADRE and LRP. He is passionate about parents and districts working collaboratively and cooperatively together while meeting the needs of students with unique learning challenges.